"Dunărea de Jos" University of Galati encourages the development of a research environment focused on technological progress and innovation, competitive both nationally and internationally, able to strengthen this institution into a center of excellence which aims at generating knowledge and technology transfer with direct impact on increasing the scientific performance, visibility and quality of the services to the economic and social community. It also promotes the correct principles of deontology and ethics in scientific research for the training, development and motivation of human resources.
The vision on the scientific research and artistic creation targets:
- Regional and global recognition.
- Excellence through internationalization.
- The role of regional "Leadership" in strategic areas on the science and technology interface.
The strategy directions in the area of scientific research in "Dunărea de Jos" University of Galati, in the period 2016-2020, take into consideration:
- modernization of existing research infrastructure and creating new infrastructure for advanced research both in strategic and border areas;
- strengthening traditional areas of research and developing new lines of research consistent with the modern trends and exigencies of society;
- developing the capacity for innovation;
- increasing the visibility and recognition at regional, national and international levels;
- evaluating performance in research, development and innovation and stimulating research groups having outstanding results and visibility.
The specific objectives of the research activity carried out in "Dunărea de Jos" University of Galati derive from the concepts of the national strategy on scientific research and technological development and basically consider:
- encouraging aspiration to excellence in research at the frontier of knowledge through research internationalization and more visibility by establishing partnerships in strategic areas;
- creating a stimulating environment for fundamental and applied research;
- promoting smart specialization by concentrating resources in research and innovation with proven potential and economic relevance through partnerships and relevant outcomes with both visibility and practicability;
- guiding research, development and innovation in line with the needs of the society to respond to global challenges on topics of national and international importance;
- development of the human resource involved in research to turn the research, development and innovation in a factor of scientific progress and economic growth;
- development of performance research units by concentrating the resources and prioritizing their allocation, encouraging partnerships and multidisciplinary approaches, assessing the fundamental and applied impact to facilitate innovation.