The International Affairs Office actively takes part in the internationalization policy that “Dunărea de Jos” University of Galati has been constantly developing for more than 20 years.It promotes the image of the university as a centre of advanced education, scientific research and culture with the oldest tradition in the South-Eastern part of Romania.
One of its major objectives is to recruit foreign students by disseminating information about the academic life and all the facilities provided by the University. It also deals with the management of international affairs such as academics and students exchange, academics and students mobility by counselling, monitoring and keeping record of such mobility and internship periods spent abroad. At the same time it provides counselling and guidance to the foreign academics and students who develop various activities in the university.
It oversees and coordinates various aspects of international academic relations:
• keeps record of international students (EU and non EU students, incoming and outgoing Erasmus students, Leonardo, CEEPUS, visiting, doctoral and post-doctoral students);
• it coordinates visa and residence permit applications and arranges student registration and ID cards;
• it helps in finding and arranging accommodation for students and staff;
• keeps contacts with diplomatic missions, embassies, consulates, agencies, AUF, Fulbright, The British Council, The French Cultural Centre, The German Cultural Centre etc.;
• deals with affiliation/membership to international academic and/or scientific societies, networks;
• keeps record and monitors the evolution of bilateral agreements;
• provides advertising materials in Romanian and in foreign languages promoting the University abroad and materials containing information about possibilities to study (and how to finance your studies) abroad;
• helps with the organization of international scientific events, workshops, conferences, summer schools.
Enriching connections is our goal!