The university assumes the role of civic and cultural centre, meant to contribute to creating and disseminating cultural values, to technological and scientific creation, to supporting all the economic, educational and social units in the area where it activates – the “Lower Danube” Euro-Region – and from all around the country, through a strong involvement in the socio-economic environment of the area.
The university offers the members of the academic community all the necessary conditions for valorising their skills in educational activities, through scientific research and within the socio-cultural manifestations which they organise.
“Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati, as a public institution, assumes the mission to train specialists, at the level of excellence, in diverse socio-economic domains, to participate in sustaining and disseminating science and culture and to contribute to enriching the national knowledge patrimony through scientific research, knowledge and innovation, permanent learning and interculturality. “Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati sustains and promotes its strategies within the local regional, national and international community.
This mission is achieved by:
• developing a proficient university management;
• planning and creating a more efficient, modern and balanced development based on social demand of educational offer;
• democratic adoption of transforming decisions and of university development;
• applying quality management principles in organising and managing institutional activities;
• improving research and artistic creation activities; scientific research as an essential activity will generate knowledge and innovation in view of science and technology development, of socio-economic progress.