Student Health Department – description and services provided
Address: 155 Domneasca street, bulding F, ground floor
Contact: Tel. 0336 130 148
Staff: Doctor Bianca Ioana CHESARU (general medicine), Doctor Ioana ICONARU DURBACA (dental services)
Opening hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 16:00
All students of „Dunarea de Jos” University can benefit from the following medical services:
• medical investigations and therapy: curative and preventive medicine;
• dental care consultations;
• counselling and family planning: contraception counselling.
The doctors from the student health department basically carry out the following activities:
• examine the 2nd year students according to the yearly medical examination schedule;
• examine those students who undergo prophylactic immunizations and vaccinations;
• endorse medical documents issued by other hospitals to account for the days off, medical certificates - scholarship, medical certificates – studies interrupted;
• issue medical exemption to attend school for sick students;
• based on medical documents submitted by the students, issue medical certificates to exempt them from physical effort;
• issue health certificate for foreign students to extend their visa of residence;
• issue medical certificate as required upon graduation;
• issue medical certificates for student to register with other colleges, master or doctoral programs;
• carry out epidemiological investigation on students suspected to have communicable disease;
• monitor compliance with the hygiene conditions in the areas of both education and housing;
• monitor any violation of hygiene and sanitary rules and keep the state sanitary authorities duly informed;
To be registered in the medical database, students shall submit their student card (certificate) and ID. Students with chronic diseases will further provide appropriate medical documentation for specific records.
Foreign students applying for the issue of medical certificates for residence visa extensions are required to submit updated medical records for their enrolment files.